Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's a girl!!

Today we had a scan for our little baby. It always amazes me the images that come up on the little screen.... from the images of the brain, to the perfectly spaced spinal bones and the tiny little fingers and toes. Although this is the third time, it is still strange to me that there is something so amazing going on in my body! To see it's little heart beating away - 134 beats a minute - how is it possible......

I love the profile face shots - the front on ones look just a little freakish! You can already see that she has Zeek's (and my) turned up nose. A lot of the time during the scan she also would have her hand up near her face like she was posing for the camera :)

For the last couple of days I had been talking to the boys about the scan and telling them that they will be ale to tell us if it's a boy or girl and Zeek said to me out of the blue this morning 'I'm so excited!' When I asked what about he answered with 'we're going to find out if the baby's going to be a boy or girl!' Since we first told Zeek about the baby he was certain it was a girl. When we told him that it might be a boy he would convincingly say, 'no it's a girl'. Even in the conversation of the way to the ultrasound place we asked Oli if he thought it was a boy or a girl and he said 'girl'. Then Dan thought he would be smart and ask if it was going to be a girl or a boy - as he usually answers with the last thing you've said! He still said 'girl'!

(T)what's that? - a girl apparently!

The sonographer asked us early in the scan if we were wanting to find out the sex of the baby and we both had talked about it and said 'yes'. We even booked the scan later in the time period as it is meant to give a better chance of telling the sex. So every time she went near there she would be sussing it out a little and every time my eyes wouldn't blink. I remember with Oli it was quite obvious to see the 'bits'. I could never see any 'bits' this time. I wasn't expecting to see any 'bits' this time as I felt a little different with this pregnancy. And she confirmed the same thing. The arrow pointing to the three little lines indicates a little girl so she said! I was all for not finding out, but we have plans to move soon after the baby's born, so now we can plan a little better for all that. :)





2 comments:

Essie said...

So exciting!! You'll just love having a little girl! She'll get so spoilt by her big brothers! XX

Bride said...

congrats. very exciting! x